Results Healthcare is delighted to announce that it has advised AstraZeneca on divesting its Reims pharmaceutical packaging and distribution facility to Avara.
● A state of the art pharmaceutical site based in Reims, France, with an esteemed leadership team of industry experts and an experienced workforce
● The site covers approximately 73,000 sq. metres (land area) and 23,000 sq. metres (building area) and has segregated units for each activity
● Top tier, fully compliant, commercial-scale packaging facility and distribution centre, meeting GMP & GDP quality standards under EU regulatory requirements
● Expansion opportunity in oral solid dosage manufacturing space, as well as in R&D laboratory building
Key Site Infrastructure
● Packaging unit: Covering approx. 1,900 sq. metres, packing 1.5 billion oral solid dose tablets with 7 automated packing lines including final shippers packing
● Two high speed packing lines with on line foil printing and one high speed packing line with exposure controlled primary blistering
● Year round distribution centre with a warehouse capacity of 5,900 pallets including cold chain storage, serving all AstraZeneca products in France (including direct shipment to pharmacies and
hospitals), and North West Africa (French speaking regions)
● R&D laboratories: Covering approx. 1,400 sq. metres with multiple fume hoods in place and capable of supporting a team of up to 40 scientists and support staff
● Additional R&D laboratories space: Covering approx. 1,830 sq. metres that could be modernised for current laboratory practice or office space
● Bulk tablet manufacturing space available (granulators, coating): Covering approx. 2,200 sq. metres across multiple clean rooms with some high value equipment remaining. Utilities including HVAC fully operational and production could be re-started with minimal time and cost
People and Performance
● Over 45 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing history at the facility
● Packing in excess of 1.5 billion units in over 130 SKUs
● Best in class competitive packing costs due to complete automatic packing lines
● Over 175 highly trained staff leading activities in manufacturing, distribution, quality, safety, health, environmental, technical support
and support functions.
● Operational excellence and compliance programs underpinned by lean production systems and Six-Sigma methodologies
● Attractive transitional supply agreement for qualified purchasers
For full details on the deal please see the press release here.
Results Healthcare is a leading M&A adviser focused on public and private healthcare and life science companies.